I've adapted the words and melody of a song I found online- because I love the idea! just because I prefer a melody that's a bit smaller in range for little ones.
(to the tune of Mary Had a Little Lamb)
Abraham loved God each day,
But God tested him this way
He said offer your son Isaac
And prove your love for me.
Abraham took wood to burn,
Took the knife, but he yearned
For a way to save his son
But his love for God was strong.
"Father, I see wood and fire,
But I think, as we climb higher,
Where's the lamb for offering
To the God that we both serve?"
Oh, how can I tell my son
For the offering- he's one?
Do not fret, God will provide
And he bound his son Isaac.
Took a knife and raised it high,
But an angel came nearby
Stopped his hand because God knew
That Abraham had obeyed.
In the bushes was a ram
Put there, just for Abraham!
To complete his sacrifice
To show God his great love.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have an encouraging comment, suggestion, or an idea for another activity? Feel free to leave a message! All comments are moderated before they post, so approved comments will be posted (hopefully!) within 24 hours. Thanks!